Senior-level professional with diverse experience in the Enterprise SaaS world. Extensive background in improving application reliability and development velocity for big data and health care firms. Currently the first ops hire at a large brand marketing consultancy and software provider, brought on to standardize the codebase and mentor the other devs.
Up-to-date resume available at blog.ndarwincorn.me/resume/resume.
<40 hours to productivity
- Frameworks: | JQuery || .NET MVC || Laravel |
- Tools: | PowerShell DSC || Terraform || git || GitLab-CI || JetBrains (TeamCity, et al.) || Docker |
- OS: | Linux (Arch) || Windows Server (2008-1803) |
- Platforms: | Azure || AWS |
- System Tools: | SSH || Systemd || Cron |
- Hypervisors: | KVM || Xen || Hyper-V |
- Methodologies: | Agile || Lean || DevOps |
- Professional Development: | Mentoring |
<160 hours to productivity
- Languages: | Go || Lua || Bash |
- Frameworks: | Ember || Angular 1 || ASP .NET Core |
- Tools: | Kubernetes || Packer || Vagrant || Subversion || draw.io || Visio |
- Web Servers: | Nginx || Httpd || IIS |
- Platforms: | Heroku || DO || GCP |
- DB: | Postgres || MySQL || Redis || OLAP |
- Networking: | Routing || DHCP || DNS |
- Analytics: | BI (SSRS et al.) || ETL || Econometrics |
<320 hours to productivity
- Languages: | Ruby || Rust || Java |
- Frameworks: | GoBuffalo || Rails || React |
- Tools: | TFS/VSTS || Mercurial |
- OS: | FreeBSD || OpenBSD |
- DB: | Firebase || SQLite || Etcd |
- Hypervisors: | bhyve || Virtualbox |
2018/02 - Present
First ops hire brought on to do much more than administer systems.
- Overhauling a development process with no VCS, where the development LAMP VPS also serves production, to a more robust GitLab(+CI)->AWS workflow with on-demand review apps, reducing manual error/re-work in development and deployment.
- Using Docker/ECS to break up a monolithic frontend into isolated, scalable services to more efficiently meet client compute demands.
- Have grown dev-team by 50% with all new hires committing and deploying to production within a week.
2017/01 - 2018/01
Engineer focused on systems automation, particularly transitioning to Azure.
- Upgraded TeamCity build infrastructure to take advantage of the ability to configure builds in Kotlin instead of the web UI, ensured consistent CI and freed up dev time for feature work.
- Broke ground on migrating application infrastructure from a SharePoint 2010/SQL PDW on-prem deployment to Azure PaaS to increase woefully non-performant ETL.
- Deployed and customized a documentation webserver (including PDF exports) for client-facing docs, increasing knowledge base accuracy and decreasing labor spent on maintaining it.
2016/01 - 2016/12
Maintained LOB web apps and streamlined their deployment.
- Re-wrote a legacy Access application in .NET MVC to alleviate maintenance burden and add features to reduce manual labor and error from end users.
- Refined an OCR-validation web application, rapidly iterating on end-user feedback to further reduce labor costs.
- Adapted an internal job board application for external client use, working iteratively with the client and account manager to ensure it met their needs.
2013/05 - 2016/01
Started a SQL Converter, left a sysadmin tasked on high-value projects.
- Improved IT knowledge transfer by implementing a GitLab/wiki/asset management server.
- Learned PowerShell scripting and automated 95% of the administrative tasks of SQL conversion in six months, increasing major version upgrade velocity by 10x.
University of Montana
2008/08 - Incomplete
- 1st Place 49th US Air Force Academy Debate Invitational
- 1st Place Inaugural Rocky Mountain Round Robin
- National Merit Scholar
- MUS Honor Scholarship
2017/03 - Present
- Working with mentees weekly as a sounding board for academic and professional career goals.
- Providing guided self-study of relevant literature in mentees' areas of interest.
2015/08 - 2018/01
- Helped local coalition of nonprofits reach a broader audience by serving as everything from front end web developer to sysadmin.
- Developed sites using Ember, Go and Postgres, scripted deployment to GCP IaaS running separate containers for each layer.